Staying fit during winters months is very important but very challenging. Most of us find it easier to make excuses not to workout during winter months. However exercising should be incorporated into your lifestyle year round to prevent or or reduce mental and physical health problems.
Excuses People Make Not To Exercise
It is much easier to talk yourself not to exercise than to exercise. If you find yourself making excuses just learn how to push through them. I promise you will feel better once ignore those negative voices in your head and feel more better about yourself.
Some excuses people make not to exercise:
- I don’t workout during the holidays.
- It’s okay to cheat during the winter because I can wear oversized clothes.
- It’s too cold to workout.
- It’s dark before and after work, and I don’t like exercising in the dark.
- I don’t have enough time before or after work to exercise.
- I’ve got the winter blues and cannot get myself motivated to exercise.
How Does Staying Fit Helps With Your Health?
There are so many benefits to exercising. For starters, it releases endorphins, which is natural brain chemical hormones and other natural brain chemicals that can help with winter blues and enhance your sense of well-being. It also reduces the chemicals that irritate and inflame tissues all over your body.
Also, exercising helps,
- Slim down to your desire weight.
- Ease joints points.
- Helps you sleep better.
- Cut chances of diabetes type II by controlling your sugar in your blood.
- Get you into the ideal HDL range which lowers your odds of having heart disease.
- Reduces certain levels of some hormones like estrogens, insulin, and androgens that can be linked to cancer.
- Lowers triglycerides which are particles in your body that transport fat for storage and energy. Having high triglycerides can cause stoke or heart attack.
- Control high blood pressure. High blood pressure makes your heart work harder.
- Stop Sleep Apnea which reduces the build up tissue in the back of your throat and block your airway. This problem can cause stress to your heart and other health conditions.
Staying Fit With Easy-Fast Workouts
There are a few creative ways in staying fit without finding extra time in your schedule. For starters walk your dog a little further. If you have more than one dog take one at a time instead of taking them all out at once. Park your car a little further when you are at work, shopping, doing errands, hanging out with friends or family. Do quick exercises between commercials when you are watching TV such as, lifting light weights, jumping jacks, sit-ups and pushups. You can also do this while preparing dinner or on a break at work. Go up and down the stairs if you have them at home. Take the stairs at work, at the doctors or at the mall instead of using the elevator or the escalator.
Reward yourself To Motivate You To Exercise
Nothing feels better than to reward myself at the end of the month whenever I stay on track. Some of the things I tend to treat myself is with stylish activewear. Marika fitness clothing is one of my favorite places to shop. Their fitness line is versatile, made very well and fit so comfortably on my body. The leggings on the picture above are high waisted and has tummy control design to enhance my stomach area. It has snazzy open cuts details on the ankle area. It is made with sanded dry-wick fabric which draws moisture away from the body. The slouchy long sleeved hoodie is sleek and has cool flare design on the wrist area.
The blue Under Armour Micro G Pursuit Women’s Running kicks that I’m wearing has enough cushion on the sole area that they feel super comfy. They feel light when I walk with them, have great support and neat design. Also, they look fantastic with shorts, joggers and jeans.
Finally, even though it is easier not to exercise during winter months it is extremely important to push yourself for health reason. Adding simple daily exercises into your lifestyle will control your weight and decrease developing certain diseases.