Getting fit before Valentines Day is extremely important especially around the most romantic day of the year! So you’ve noticed you have gained a few pounds from all the delicious holiday meals you couldn’t resist. Now regret is kicking in because Valentine’s Day is around the corner and you want to look sexy in that dress you noticed hanging from your favorite store. Ok ladies, this is not going to be easy!
Getting fit before Valentines Day: Steps On How To Loose Weight
- First thing we need is to do is throw away all the snacks we have hidden in our kitchen, jobs and vehicles in order to prevent us from over eating.
- Before you start dieting and exercising it is important to check with your doctor first. Your doctor knows the right amount of calories for you to consume based on your age, sex, height, weight, health and activity level. There are 3,500 calories in a pound, so if you are trying to lose 10 pounds, you will have to cut out a total of 35,000 calories. If you are trying to lose 10 pounds quick, divide that number by the days in a month (35,000/30). Here’s the equation: 35,000/30=1,166 calories/day for 1 month this will help you to lose 10 pounds fast.
- It is very important to consume 4 to 6 small meals and snacks a day instead of skipping meals. A good way to start your diet is to start counting calories and avoiding saturated fats. If the food is boxed or processed, you probably shouldn’t eat it. Instead consume healthy fats by eating a lot of fish, nuts and seeds. Avoid eating meals 3-4 hours before bed time this will help you keep the weight off.
- Remember to prepare healthy meals ahead of time. Don’t wait until you’re starving, this will prevent you from cheating. Make sure to consume fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, low fat meats turkey, chicken, fish and dairy products. In addition try to drink 8 or more glasses of water per day which will burn more calories than those who drink less. So try adding a glass of water to every meal and snack.
- Make sure to do weekly cardio exercise to burn fat and light weights to keep your body toned. Don’t forget to warm up and cool down before and after each work out. For extra calorie burn tip, try not to park to close when going places and take the stairs instead the elevator when possible.
- Sleeping an extra hour a night could help a person drop pounds within a year because there’s evidence that getting too little sleep revs up your appetite, making you uncommonly hungry.
Go hang that fabulous dress where you can see it every day because it will motivate you on the prize.
· BMI – Body Mass Index BMI is used to find out if a person is underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese
· Waist-to-Height Ratio Body shape (determined by Waist-to-Height Ratio) is often considered to be the best indicator of health related to weight.
· RMR – Resting Metabolic Rate The number of calories you burn if you do nothing all day.
· Healthy Body Weight RangeThe range with the least risk of weight-related health problems.
· Daily Caloric Intake The recommended number of calories from food/drinks to meet your weight goals.
· Target Heart Rate The heart rate needed to achieve maximum exercise results