Climate change refers to any long-term change in Earth’s climate. Scientists have concluded Earth’s climate has gotten warmer. What they have discovered is that Earth’s average temperature has risen a little more than one degree Fahrenheit during the past 100 years or so. Today we are showing impacts of global warming. Some of these impacts are sea levels rising, snow and ice decreasing, rainfall patterns and growing seasons are changing.
⇒There are a few reasons to climate change. One being natural causes and the other being human causes. Some of the natural causes that we have no control of are changes to earth’s orbit, changes in the ocean and the volcano eruptions.
Natural Causes To Global Warming:
- changes in earth’s orbit and in the amount of energy coming from the sun
- ocean are changing because they are becoming warmer, more acidic, causing ice caps to melt and sea levels rise
- volcanic eruptions
⇒Most scientists claim that recent global warming can’t be explained by nature alone. They believe the other cause to climate change is by humans burning fuels such as coal, oil and gas burning. Burning fuels gives us energy but adds heat-trapping greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide, into the atmosphere. Other causes are deforestation, industrial processes, and some agricultural practices. The buildup of greenhouse gases harm our health and the ecosystems.
Human Causes To Global Warming:
- burning oil
- burning gas
- burning coal
- industrial processes
- some agricultural
⇒Because of our climate has become warmer we have been experiencing stronger storms, floods, droughts and hotter heat waves.
Impact Of Global Warming:
- sea levels rising
- snow and ice decreasing
- rainfall patterns changing
- growing seasons are changing
- affecting human, insects, animals health
Climate Change: What Are The Steps To Save Our Planet
⇒There are many ways we can help save our planet for our children, grandchildren and many generations after. Some of these things are as simple as not allowing the water to run and using less energy.
Steps To Help Save Our Planet:
- limit or reduce greenhouse gases in the atmosphere
- use more clean energy
- use less water (don’t let the water run)
- use less energy (turn off tv, lights, radio, etc when you are not using them)
- cut less tree
- plant more trees (trees absorb carbon dioxide)