This post was created as part of the #GenesisTodaySuperfoods August Challenge in which I am a financially compensated blogger ambassador for Genesis today. The opinions are my own and based on my own experience.
There isn’t a more popular dish in the caribbean (Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba) than the rice & pigeon peas (arroz con gandules) cuisine. This caribbean signature dish is serve along with meats like roast pork (pernil) and chicken (pollo). Puerto Ricans, Dominicans and Cubans always serve the carribbean rice & pigeon peas during holidays, birthdays and festive occasions along with other crowd-pleasing dishes. Rice and pigeon peas is made by using sofrito which is made out of healthy herbs and vegetables.
Some of my favorite moments growing up in a large Puerto Rican household was bonding over healthy and delicious meals which included rice and pigeon peas. My family prefer to serve it with chicken or fish instead of roast pork (pernil) because it’s healthier. When I make it at home I use brown rice instead of white rice. Recently I made rice and pigeon peas and added Genesis Today Greens and Resveratrol to it. At first I was afraid it was going to taste a little weird but it didn’t change the taste.
Caribbean Rice & Pigeon Peas nutritional Ingredients & Benefits:
- brown rice lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes. In addtion, it retains unsaturated fatty acids, protein, minerals, vitamins, and starch that are usually removed during polishing. It is eaten as food and taken as medicine.
- is a good source of protein, dietary fiber. Enriched with various vitamins: thiamin, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese. 100g of mature raw pigeon peas also provide 114% of the daily requirement of folate.
- green bell peppers/sweet chili peppers is enriched in potassium, folic acid, fiber, vitamin A and C.
- garlic naturally makes our red blood cells into the cell messenger hydrogen sulfide (H2S). It relaxes blood vessels and increases blood flow and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- onions is enriched in potassium and powerful sulfuric compounds which may lower high blood pressure, reduce heart attack, and help protect against cancer.
- culantro or cilantro is enriched in calcium, iron, carotene, and riboflavin.
Genesis Today Superfoods: (certified organic, kosher, vegetarian, gluten free and lactose free).
- Genesis Today’s Resveratrol is a polyphenolic compound found in foods such as berries and grapes and Japanese knotweed. It has 150 times more resveratrol than a glass of red wine. It supports cardiovascular health.
- Genesis Today Greens is made out of dark, leafy greens that grow on land and in oceans all over the world. It is enriched with vitamins A, C and K, iron, calcium, magnesium and other essential minerals. It supports daily nutrition and keeps your digestion healthy.
I’m so excited that Genesis Today asked me to host a giveaway. Basically, we will be giving a lucky winner all of the products that I’ve tried and love so very much! The prize is a bundle worth over $200 of their Genesis Today Superfoods Goodies, all listed below.
The bundle includes…
- Probiotics (1)
- Omega 3-6-7-9 (1)
- Total Nutrition Multivitamin (1)
- Resveratrol (1)
- Noni Superfruit (1)
- Goji Berry Superfruit (1)
- Acai Superfruit (1)
- Mangosteen Superfruit (1)
- Greens (1)
- Trim Protein Add-In (with Superfoods) (1)
- NEW Plant Protein & Greens (1)
- visit and like and share Genesis Today post in our Facebook pages
- follow and repost one of Genesis Today picture on your Instagram page and tag us @genesistoday and @fashionphases
- follow and retweet one of Genesis Today tweets on Twitter @gensistodaysuperfoods @fashionphases
- must be 18
- US residents only
Also, don’t miss out their fantastic promotion they are running right now! Which is 20% off anything online until 9/10/2016, promo code: SUPERSUMMER.